Monday, March 16, 2009

Braces are a pain in the Neck!

This Saturday I went to the orthodontist to get my teeth checked out before i get my braces (April 2nd). I had been through it all before so I knew what to do. They had to stick a piece of wax in your mouth that makes you gag, take some photos of you and take some X- rays. While they were doing the X- rays I had to put on a really heavy vest to protect against the harmful rays (hence the name "X- ray"). I had to do this one X- ray where some plugs go into your ears and the plugs are on a piece of plastic that is attached to this machine. I think they were just there to keep me still. Anyway, the machine was a little low so i asked the lady that was taking the X- rays to higher the machine a little. When she did higher it, it really hurt because it was too high but before I could say anything she scurried out of the room and I was left there for about 2 minutes with my head feeling like it was being pulled out of it's socket. When I got home I started to notice my neck hurt. The pain just kept growing and growing and growing! It's been like this for 3 days now (including today). I've even had to skip school today because of my neck injury and all day I've constantly had to have a hot buckwheat pillow (a pillow thing that you heat up in the microwave) up to my neck to keep the muscles relaxed. Isn't getting braces fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment